Due to COVID19 the ATO will allow us to choose one of the following options to calculate our 2019/20 home office deductions.
- shortcut method ─ claim a rate of 80 cents per work hour for all additional running expenses
- fixed rate method ─ claim all of these
- a rate of 52 cents per work hour for heating, cooling, lighting, cleaning and the decline in value of office furniture
- the work-related portion of your actual costs of phone and internet expenses, computer consumables, stationery
- the work-related portion of the decline in value of a computer, laptop or similar device.
- actual cost method ─ claim the actual work-related portion of all your running expenses, which you need to calculate on a reasonable basis.
For full details about eligibility, and what you can and cannot claim, please see here.